With our busy life and constant want to earn more, we tend to forget about our health. We keep working hard to be successful, but forget that if our body does not support us, the success will mean nothing. Apart from maintaining a healthy lifestyle, we should invest some time and money to check whether our body parts are functioning properly. Here are a few tests that should be done yearly.
- Anemia: It is a condition in which the body doesn’t have enough healthy RBCs(Red Blood Cells). A blood test is done. Symptoms may include fatigue, skin pallor, shortness of breath, light headedness, dizziness or fast heartbeat. These symptoms are generally ignored. So a test is necessary.
- Mammogram: It is the test to check for breast cancer. An X-ray picture of your breast is taken. Most women do not get any symptoms of breast cancer. So it is absolutely necessary to get a check up done every year so that it is detected before it does more damage.
- Pap Test: It is a test to detect cancer on the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus. Cells are scraped form the opening of the cervix and are tested under the microscope. It is good to get this test done as it also amongst one of the most common cancers.
- Diabetes: It occurs when the blood glucose or blood sugar levels are very high. Women who are obese or pregnant need to be very careful. Many women get diabetes when they are pregnant. The placental hormones can cause high blood sugar.
- Cholesterol screening: Cholesterol plays a major role in a human’s heart health. Your blood sample is tested. Now a days we rely a lot on fast food. This affects the cholesterol level.